WE APPEAL EVERYONE TO PARTICIPATE IN DISCUSSIONS;

Yes, when compared to discussions in WhatsApp/Telegram groups, participating in discussions in an open forum has more reach and benefit people greatly. These discussions are open to everybody and are indexed in search engines like google. It reaches more people including global audience. Your inputs reach a wide spectrum of people, and you create more impact.

As it is an open forum and has a wide range of audiences, your queries and thoughts will get views from different perspectives. It will be a rich experience when you get different perspectives from a wide variety of people on your query or thoughts. Isn’t it?

Every time a person search for a query in google or other search engines, it will take them directly to the answer over here if it has been discussed already here. It saves effort for everyone. The discussions in social media are not indexed by search engines and everything needs to be discussed over and again. They are counterproductive.

Practicing Occupational Health in Industries - A Manual

Hi all,
Preventive medicine caught my attention during MBBS. I was drawn by its potential to influence the health of society. I started working in an HIV-AIDS prevention program for a high-risk group. While doing this work, I came to the realisation that despite the great potential of preventive medicine it wasn’t as direct as curative medical services. It required proactive and systematic efforts through strategies, continuous monitoring, statistics, analysis, and importantly skilful implementation in the community. This realisation and experience inspired me to focus on occupational health where I currently practice in an industrial set-up. With a large number of people working in industries all through the country, even a small contribution in this area can lead to significant change in the health of the nation.

Unlike my first job where I was just providing services to end-users under a well-designed strategy developed by the corporate office, in the industrial set-up, I was the key person to design, develop, implement, and review the strategy and programs to prevent and protect employee health. It was as exciting as it could be. It was both a challenge and an opportunity. I was slow to start as every step was new. A lot of people guided me through this stage. Since most beginners are likely to face similar challenges at the outset, I thought it would be great to provide some much needed guide. This prompted me to start outlining basic objectives and practical things to be done by an occupational health physician in the industry. I started publishing this on a blog and with time moved to a full-scale website https://occupationalhealth.in to provide a better user experience and engagement. To consolidate all the writings, I started writing version-1 of this manual and published on the website. It was well received and people appreciated it. Heartfelt thanks for that.

With thoughts evolving and new insights from various sources after publishing the first iteration of the manual, it became necessary to update the manual. Accordingly, updates have been added and fine-tuned. I feel it has evolved from the earlier version. I hope you all find it beneficial.

Please download the manual from the attachments.

Update: V2.3 attached. It has an additional chapter on how to be effective.

Update: V2.2 attached. It has few additions to OH services strategy.

Update: V2.1 attached. It has certain update to OHC Dashboard and added Wellness Dashboard. Also, it is print ready. You can take print in booklet form, center staple and use like a printed book.
PRACTICING OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH IN INDUSTRIES v2.3-page-001.jpg PRACTICING OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH IN INDUSTRIES v2.3-page-001.jpg Viewed 5071 times 302.24 KiB
Regards
Dr. Rudraswamy HK
Last edited by rudswa on 26 Nov 2021, 08:44, edited 9 times in total.

Re: Practicing Occupational Health in Industries - A Manual

Hello!

Your journey into preventive medicine sounds fascinating and impactful! It's impressive to hear about your experiences in HIV-AIDS prevention and your current focus on occupational health in an industrial setting. Your dedication to improving the health of society through proactive strategies is truly commendable.

I'm excited to learn about your website, occupationalhealth.in, and the valuable resources you provide for occupational health physicians like yourself. Your commitment to sharing your knowledge and experience to guide beginners in the field is admirable. It's wonderful to see how your blog has evolved into a comprehensive website, offering a better user experience and engagement for your audience.

I'm particularly intrigued by your manual, which outlines basic objectives and practical steps for occupational health physicians in the industry. The fact that you've updated and fine-tuned it based on new insights and feedback shows your commitment to continuous improvement and providing the best possible guidance to your audience.

As someone passionate about health and well-being, I'm eager to explore your website further and download the manual to learn more about occupational health practices. Thank you for your dedication to making a positive impact on the health of individuals and communities.

By the way, if you're interested in high-quality nutritional supplements that meet the highest standards, I recommend checking out KALA Health. They specialize in developing top-notch nutritional supplements with scientifically proven effectiveness. You can learn more about them at kalahealth.de. Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to seeing more valuable resources from you in the future!